Friday, November 9, 2012

Lip Product Collection

I adore a fun sophisticated lip color and trust me, I have a lot of those colors to show case. Here I hope to show you what colors I have in my collection and what I prefer. This is just my own opinion of what works for me. Enjoy!

Neutrals:
        
{Flash v. No Flash}
From bottom to top: Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Creme Brulee (shimmer), Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Precious (shimmer), Mary Kay Lipstick in Sheer Blush (shimmer), Revlon SuperLustrous Lipstick in Nude Attitude (matte), Mary Kay Nourishine Plus Lip Gloss in Cafe Au Lait (creme)

My favorite out of the neutrals is probably Cafe Au Lait. I love that it's just a nice pinky beige neutral and it doesn't have sparkle to it. The other shades are just so-so. If you have lips that tend to be on the more dry side (me), then you won't really like Precious, Creme Brulee or Nude Attitude, they are not very forgiving when it comes to covering lip lines or showing cracked lips. They are all beautiful colors though. I just wished they looked better on me. I think since my skin has yellow undertones (it's the Japanese in me) that most neutrals don't work on me, they tend to just blend into my skin and make me look like I don't have lips.

Oranges and Pinks:

{Flash v. No Flash}
From Left to Right: Clinique Cubby Stick in Mega Melon (slight shimmer), Mary Kay Liquid Lip Color in Sherbet (creme), Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate in #12 (creme), Mary Kay Lipstick in Pink Satin (shimmer), NYX Black Label Lipstick in Cinnamon (shimmer), NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil in Chaos (creme)

 My favorite of of the orange/pinks is the Rimmel #12. It's a bright solid red orange with no shimmer (which I prefer) and it lasts. The only thing is that it can bleed a little and once it gets outside your lips it likes to stay there (aka, don't smear it).

Reds:

{No Flash v. Flash}

From Bottom to Top: Mary Kay Lipstick in Really Red (creme), Mary Kay Nourishine Plus Lip Gloss in Rock 'N' Red (creme), Revoln ColorBurst Lip Butter in Red Velvet (creme), Wet and Wild Mega Last Lipstick in Spiked with Rum (creme/matte), Loreal Colour Riche in Milla's Plum (creme), Mary Kay Lipstick in Midnight Red (creme), Mary Kay Liquid Lip Color in Cherry Coffee (creme)

I absolutely adore reds and honestly, I love all of these dearly. If I had to choose though, I would pick Spiked with Rum and Milla's Plum (which should have gone in the Plum section but oh well) as my favorites. I just picked up Spiked with Rum and for a $1.99 purchase, I couldn't be happier! It looks great on and gives amazing color pay off. I don't know if it will stay a long time (haven't tried it for too long yet) but I have a good feeling about it. The Loreal color (Milla's Plum) was actually a Halloween purchase a few years back. I went to a party as Alice from Resident Evil and to me she always has this deep colored lipstick on, PLUS this lipstick color was hand picked from the actress who plays her anyways so it was perfect. If I don't want to go super dark with it I only put it on the middle of my lips and I blend it out to create a more sheer plum look. 

Berries:

{No Flash v. Flash}

From Left to Right: Maybelline Baby Lips in Grape Vine (sheer), Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Sugar Plum (sheer), Mary Kay Lipstick in Rich Fig (slight shimmer), Mary Kay Lipstick in Merlot (creme), Mary Kay Liquid Lip Color in Royal Plum (sheer/creme)

I might love this color category more than the reds. Plum's are my favorite and they look great on my skin during the winter time (plus deep berries are IN this fall). If I had to choose a favorite, it would be either Sugar Plum or Merlot. Sugar Plum gives me a nice sheer berry color while Merlot give me the dramatic lips I want for an evening out or a snowy day (with simple eye makeup of course). 

Well there you have it, a look at my lipstick/lip wear collection. I left out a couple things (mostly products that were discontinued) but I think you get the gist. Remember, when wearing a bold lip, even it out with simple eye makeup and a nice glow to your cheeks. Choose a dramatic eye or bold lip, never both (you might look like you want some attention late at night that you wouldn't want). Happy Fall everyone!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

Disclaimer: I am associated with Mary Kay but do not take clients that are not located near me or are not a personal friend of mine of whom do not already have a MK Beuty Consultant. These are my honest opinions, all products were bought with my own money. Mary Kay is not paying me to give my opinion. I am not affliated with any of the other brands listed, bought all products with my own money, am not being paid for my opinion and all opinions are completely 100% honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment