Friday, November 9, 2012

Love on Your Lashes

I adore long lushes lashes (say that five times fast) so I am irritatingly picky when it comes to mascaras. When I discovered these beauties, well... it was love at first coat (cue corny phrases)! 


At first you might be thinking, "Mary Kay? Really? Doesn't my mom wear that?", and she possibly might (mine does and she looks hot!). However, Mary Kay has come a long way to try to modernize their brand and the Lash Love mascaras do just that for me. I bought the Black in regular and waterproof because you never know with all this snow coming my way! 


Can I just say that I adore the packaging? I am sucker for that... I love how sleek it is and I also like how the silver tube indicates waterproof because their is always a definite difference in formula when it comes to waterproof/non-waterproof and I would hate to mistake one for the other!



{left: waterproof, right: regular}

The brushes are the same as you can see here. They are thin applicators with tons of tiny bristles to help get all those pesky little lashes that like to hide out. These separate and lift your lashes like no other! And notice how there are no clumps on those brushes or product overkill. Love that! Mary Kay best describes their product as "Flake-, smudge- and clump-resistant, fragrance-free, ophthalmologist-tested and suitable for contact lens wearers, having a Mary Kay® Panthenol-Pro Complex™ which helps condition lashes and helps defend against breakage as well as being water-resistant". 


Above are my natural lashes with one pump of an eye lash curler. It was a baby pump honestly.

{Lash Love in Black}

This is one of Mary Kay's best sellers of 2012! As you can see above, regular formulas are more wet than dry and give you a big dramatic look. This would be best for a smokey eye or going out. This is one coat on my top and bottom lashes, I swear! Look at the difference and lift! 

{Lash Love Waterproof in Black}

All waterproof formulas are more dry than wet so you have to work with them quickly if you want a darker coat. I just have one coat here on my top and bottom lashes. Honestly, I love these lashes for a natural look or going up on the mountain to board. 

Overall, I give these products a mark of approval! If you prefer a more dramatic look, go for the non-waterproof but if you tend to cry or you live in the NorthWet  NorthWest, you might want to consider going the waterproof route. I like to keep both in my arsenal since you never know! These retail for $15 each and you can get them by contacting an Independent Mary Kay Consultant near you (go to Mary Kay to find one). If you would like to try them out before buying (it is possible!), once you have contacted a consultant, schedule a makeover and specifically ask to try the Lash Love products. You won't be disappointed! 

What do you love most on your eyes?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment and let me know if there are any reviews or tutorials you would like to see! I am open to all different kinds of products/brands!

Disclaimer: I am associated with Mary Kay but do not take clients that are not located near me or are not a personal friend of mine of whom do not already have a MK Beuty Consultant. These are my honest opinions, all products were bought with my own money. Mary Kay is not paying me to give my opinion. 





No comments:

Post a Comment